Saturday, October 17, 2015

Related Article

                My research paper is about the corruption of FIFA, which is if you have not been informed the world governing body of FIFA. I am not going to try to emulate my paper around an article, but rather a video. In fact this video is the thing that actually brought my attention to the problems that FIFA has and as a result the entire world even the United States. It is a video on John Oliver’s Show: Last Week Tonight that is absolutely amazing and I highly recommend that you take fifteen minutes to watch it. Also if you have another fifteen minutes I recommend you watch the follow up video, which in my personal opinion is even funnier than the first. I do know that FIFA is an organization that many people do not actually care about in the United States and to be honest have probably not even heard of. I’m hoping to get my readers interested in the organization in the same way that Oliver does. He makes his viewers realize just how important the sport is and also constantly relates it back to things in the United States that are more relatable to us like football. While these are all very important tools that he uses his most important and most utilized tool is humor. Oliver is constantly making jokes to help get his point across and uses it very effectively. He mocks the thing that he is opposes to the point that it is absolutely ridiculous in his viewers mind just something that makes you wonder, “How is this even something that exists?” I know that I am not as funny as Oliver and that bringing it to the level that he does is likely out of my reach, but I can still do my best to engage the reader using humor. It is likely that I will end up using pathos like Oliver does at certain points in his article more often than I do humor because with FIFA there is no shortage of that. The story on FIFA still has not ended and it gives me plenty to write about in my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment